There are several signs that a person has intestinal parasites and there are different ways to treat them. Failure of the internal organ system or change in the appearance of the stool is already considered an alarm signal to initiate an examination for the presence of parasites. Many people do not even realize they have helminths in their body. They are more common in children than in adults. This is due to the fact that babies can get toys and dirty hands in their mouths.
What are intestinal parasites
Worms in the stomach are able to exist in the walls of organs in humans and animals. They cause a disease - helminthiasis. Intestines are considered one of the most preferred habitats of helminths of various species. In this case, the parasites can be found in all departments (small, large and in the rectum).
Intestinal parasites are harmful organisms. Protozoa and helminths can parasitize the intestinal wall. To prevent the appearance of worms, it is necessary to understand how to avoid infection. There are only four major sources of parasite eggs that enter the human body:
- insect bites;
- contacts (with a handshake, the worms of the pliers are transferred);
- across the ground;
- use of raw or uncooked meat, fresh fish dishes.
Which parasites live in the human gut
For a long time, a person may not suspect that he has parasites and the signs may be similar to some diseases. Worms often appear in the digestive organs. Parasites live in the human gut
- Round worm. They parasitize the walls of the small intestine, cause disturbance of the digestive system and weaken the human immune system.
- Necator and intestinal worm. These stomach parasites provoke breast worms.
- Ugrit. Causes strongyloidiasis. The hepatobiliary and digestive systems are affected.
- wide ribbon. This parasite provokes diphyllobothriasis. The worm lives in the walls of the small intestine.
- Bull tape. Helminth causes teniarinhoz.
- Schistosomes. These parasites in the rectum are flux. They can provoke colitis, which leads to appendicitis or sclerosis of the intestinal wall.
- Pork ribbon. The worm provokes taeniasis. Violates the work of digestion, causes neurological disorders. Its larvae can affect the intestines, eyesight, brain, skin.
- Vlasoglav. Causes trichuriasis.
- Trichinella. These intestinal worms contribute to the development of trichinosis in humans. In severe cases of the disease, death is possible.
Protozoan microorganisms, or major protozoa, that can live in the walls of the human intestine:
- lamblia. They cause digestive disorders.
- Histological amoeba (dysentery).. This microorganism causes amoebiasis. The main symptom of the disease is diarrhea.
- Homni blastocist. It harms the body only with a weakened immune system, provoking diarrhea and vomiting.
Symptoms of intestinal parasites
If a person has intestinal parasites, this will definitely show up. At the same time, indirect signs of the presence of helminths are often confused with other symptoms of various diseases. You can not self-medicate, but you should seek help from a doctor. As a rule, the main symptoms of intestinal parasites are:
- gases. Helminths, located in the walls of the small intestine, provoke an inflammatory process, accompanied by swelling and gas.
- Constipation. The most well-known sign of the presence of worms in the intestinal walls.
- diarrhea. Provoke parasites that produce hormones that lead to frequent liquid stools.
- Weight change. A person in the presence of worms may experience a constant feeling of hunger or decreased appetite.
- Allergic reaction. Worms in the intestines of the host secrete substances that provoke the release of a high dose of protective cells - eosinophils. All of these can lead to allergies.
- Joint and muscle pain. Parasites are able to move around the body to find a comfortable habitat. They are able to settle in the muscles, thus causing acute pain.
- Fatigue. A person with helminth often experiences fatigue, apathy, lack of sleep, it is difficult for him to focus on work.
- Gritting your teeth. This symptom appears in children during sleep, it is called bruxism.
It is difficult to identify helminths at first, because the symptoms of helminth infestation are similar to other diseases. Sometimes worms are found accidentally already during surgeries in the treatment of other diseases. As a rule, the diagnosis of intestinal parasites includes the following informative methods:
- Serological blood test. Determines antigens and antibodies to helminths. This study is performed only at a late stage of infection.
- Histological analysis of feces. Ultra accurate microscopic examination for the presence of parasites.
- Perianal area scrap. Helps detect worms.
- Blood hemoscanning. The procedure effectively detects the presence of parasites and fungi.
How to get rid of parasites
A parasitologist should treat a person for worms. More than 10 drugs of modern pharmacology have anthelmintic activity. You can not set them yourself because. have a certain activity against different species of helminths. To clarify the diagnosis, it will be necessary to undergo a series of laboratory tests. Based on the results obtained, the doctor will design an effective treatment regimen.
Worms are able to appear quickly and multiply rapidly in the human body, so it is necessary to get rid of parasites in the intestines as soon as possible. To defeat and expel helminths, you need to eat more vegetables and fruits. For a while, it's worth giving up meat and fish. You can diversify your diet with spinach, green beans, apples and raisins. Experts advise drinking plenty of fluids. So cleansing from worms will happen much faster. Useful for humans and yogurt, which contains a high content of lactobacilli.
Remedies for intestinal parasites
The modern market is packed with various synthetic medicines that provide effective cleansing of the intestines from parasites. Any medication should be prescribed by a doctor. To choose the right treatment, you need to pass a stool test. Depending on the type of worm, the patient may be prescribed anthelmintic drugs for intestinal parasites.
The effectiveness of parasite therapy with a properly designed course of treatment averages 95%. In this case, cases of reinfection are not excluded. After eliminating the worms from the intestines during the recovery period, the doctor may prescribe medicines for the patients to regulate the microflora, which aim at strengthening the immune system. Enzyme and bacterial agents, enterosorbents, plant adaptogens and immunostimulants are often used for these purposes.
The fight against worms takes place in stages. If the patient's intestines have got rid of the parasites, then often the general condition of the body can worsen while taking the medication. You can remove helminths at home with improvised tools or herbs. Traditional medicine healers advise raising body temperature with foods that have a sharp (burnt) taste:
- Red pepper;
Also effective folk remedies for intestinal parasites are:
- flax seed powder;
- a decoction based on pomegranate peels (2 tablespoons should be poured with boiling water);
- castor oil;
- enemas from a decoction of wormwood (3 grams of grass should be poured with boiling water and then filtered);
- a decoction of the onion peel;
- lemon and garlic tincture;
- peeled pumpkin seeds;
- carrot juice (preferably freshly squeezed);
- a tansy decoction (to prepare the product, you will need dried flowers and boiling water);
- a handful of uncooked rice should be taken in the morning.
Cleaning the intestines with soda from parasites
The use of sodium bicarbonate (soda) is considered effective in eliminating the problem associated with parasites in the body. Such a product helps to remove larvae and adult helminths from the intestines, plus 80% of toxins and harmful products that enter the digestive tract. The alkaline environment is poorly perceived by worms, they become uncomfortable, so they leave their habitat. As a rule, cleaning the intestines with soda from parasites is done in several stages:
- first, a water enema is performed to remove feces;
- then 25 g of soda should be diluted with one liter of warm filtered or boiled water;
- the solution should be administered with an enema;
- it is necessary to withstand the composition of soda inside the body for about 30 minutes before defecation;
- then you need to place another enema with water to eliminate alkaline residues and reduce the negative impact of soda on the body;
- the procedure should be done daily, until the helminths are completely eliminated;
- soda treatment is considered complete if there are no worms in the feces for two days.
Prevention of parasites in the intestines
The appearance of helminths in humans, like many other diseases, is easier to prevent than to cure. Prevention of intestinal parasites, as a rule, consists in maintaining personal hygiene and cleanliness of living space. In order not to experience the discomfort caused by worms, you should follow the basic rules that will help you protect yourself from parasites:
- do not drink raw raw water;
- hands should always be treated with antiseptics or washed with soap;
- only vegetables, fruits, well-washed herbs are allowed to be used;
- you should not swim in a reservoir stopped by the sanitary and epidemic station;
- wet and dry daily cleaning of the premises should be performed;
- Wash hands thoroughly after contact with animals.
- children's toys and other items should be thoroughly cleaned after walking on the street;
- do not eat fish or raw meat.